Friday 15 April 2011

Speeding and complaining

I am continually amazed at the fact that some of those that speed complain when they are caught in a speed trap. The comments are many and varied. "I was only going x miles over the limit". "It was 2 in the morning and there was no-one around". "I hope I get away with it, I need my licence". "It's a stupid speed limit - no-one sticks to it".

The issue for me is simple. If you don't want the fine and the points on your licence, then don't break the limit. Speed limits are there for a reason and whilst there may be some that are wrong or stupid, the law is the law and if you break the law you are taking a risk. More importantly, limits are in place because going faster is likely to endanger you or other road users. There are places to enjoy speed on the open road but exceeding speed limits is not the way, wherever you are and whatever time of day it is.

The best approach? Don't speed ever - it's simply not worth it.

p.s. And before anyone observes that they bet I speed from time to time. If I do, a rare occurrence, it is always an error of judgement and I reduce my speed as soon as I realise.

www.ashleyschoolofmotoring.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment